Manager, Data Analytics
Lincoln, NE, Omaha, NE or Remote
HudlHudl provides video review and performance analysis tools for sports teams and athletes at every level.
We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
Decision Science is a high impact, cross-functional team of Data Analysts, Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Marketing Analysts, and Consumer Insights Researchers at Hudl. We combine qualitative and quantitative data to deliver actionable insights and scalable analyses to power strategy at the highest levels. We partner with internal Hudl teams and business leaders by providing self-service analytics, custom insights, and foresights to help them drive their business forward.
On any given day, our team might be writing SQL queries to understand user behavior over time, creating processes to generate lists to be used in Marketing campaigns, or creating systems and standards for marketing analysts to measure marketing effectiveness and to make strategic and tactical recommendations to accelerate revenue-driving activities.
As a Manager, Data Analytics, you’ll be leading a small team of Data Analysts within our Hardware Business Unit (working on our flagship product, Hudl Focus) and Marketing Analysts who serve internal customers across several internal business units. You’ll work closely with the Operations, Marketing, Product, and Finance teams to generate insight for those teams and help them generate insights through their own analyses.
Hudl has a flexible location policy. This position is available in Lincoln, NE, Omaha, NE or Boston, MA where we have Hudl Offices or this position is also offered remotely within the U.S.
- A player/coach. You are a managing data analyst. A technical, hands-on leader who excels at your craft while managing a small team. You have a unique ability to balance your workload as an individual contributor while leading your team to achieve business outcomes.
- Strategic. You connect the dots and believe that looking at the broader picture creates an environment that enables world-class analytics.
- A process improvement extraordinaire. You bring order to complex areas: Harness the collective power of all existing knowledge by centralizing and standardizing data collection, ingestion, management, and analysis.
- A great communicator . Whether it’s explaining code to a peer, documenting a system, or presenting an idea to stakeholders, you're articulate and engaging.
- An accomplished data storyteller. You can communicate technical analysis to a non-technical audience. You have experience delivering powerful visual messages to the executive level and can call them to action using data. You effectively use data visualizations to enhance consumption of data and not distract from it.
- A constant learner . You want to solve the data problems you face, seek input from your peers, and keep up with the rapidly-changing world of analytics and technology.
- A mentor. You are a leader on the team and always looking for opportunities to develop those around you.
- Own your work. You will be accountable to the business, your stakeholders, and your peers for meeting your commitments and delivering work of the required high quality. You will define goals, success & identify KPIs and help the team deliver.
- Collaborate. with a variety of teams as they each play a role alongside you in our organisation’s mission
- Grow your team. Recruit, train, and develop data analysts. Inspire team members to hit short term targets and lead them in planning for long term career growth.
- Advocate for scalability. You will be an expert on the entire analytics and Marketing Operations tech stack that our team uses. You will prioritize projects that lead to efficiencies and scalable processes for your business partners.
- Provide Thought Leadership. No one knows the analytics space better than you and you are thinking several steps ahead. Whether it be software, people, or processes, you know what is best in class and can anticipate what is yet-to-come.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, Employee Resource Groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure you’ll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, that’s free money. We’ll match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs