Machine Learning Data Quality, Project Manager
Wayfair Inc.Shop Wayfair for A Zillion Things Home across all styles and budgets. 5,000 brands of furniture, lighting, cookware, and more. Free Shipping on most items.
Who We Are:
Wayfair’s Data Science team builds the algorithmic systems that drive our business, enhance customer experience, and improve customer loyalty. The Data Science Catalog team at Wayfair develops machine learning models to: (1) improve customer experience by accurately tagging products using multimodal data sources (image, text, categorical, numeric, etc.), (2) drive catalog and pricing strategy by powering comparisons between large numbers of products, and (3) solve the product cold-start problem to enable customers to find the best new products.
Data science products are heavily reliant on the quality of training data. We are looking for an experienced technical project manager to establish and oversee the ecosystem for label data collection and data quality assurance.
What You’ll Do:
- Scope, develop, and operate data labeling projects that produce high-quality, ML-ready data sets.
- Translate technical data labeling requirements into annotation guidelines.
- Collaborate with data labeling vendor workforce to ensure execution aligns with guidelines.
- Ensure accuracy, precision, time-to-delivery, speed and cost for data labeling projects.
- Coordinate a variety of data operations projects between data science teams and data labeling vendors.
- Assess labeling workforce quality and manage vendor relationships.
- Workflow design to integrate data labeling into data science product life cycle.
- Continuously improve quality and throughput of data labeling workflows.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or related discipline preferred, relevant professional experience also considered
- Experience building and/or QAing datasets
- At least 2 years of experience with SQL, GBQ
- Vendor management experience.
- A passion for data and quality.
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Detail-oriented, is able to dive into the data for quality analysis.
- An ability to learn quickly to understand and articulate new technologies and corresponding value propositions
- Assertive, positive and effective communication skills – both written and oral – with considerable attention to detail and the ability to present and influence
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability, particularly in complex technical situations
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs