Engineering Director, Head of Data (Remote)
BrexBrex offers everything you need to grow your business, from credit and capital to spend management software and live support.
Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Data at Brex
The Data organization develops infrastructure, statistical models, and products using financial data. Our Scientists and Engineers work together to make data—and insights derived from data—a core asset across the company. Our work is ingrained in Brex’s decision-making process, in the efficiency of our operations, in our risk management policies, and in the second-to-none experience we provide our consumers.
What you’ll do
As an Engineering Director at Brex, you will lead & support incredible teams to shape the future of our products and company. Specifically, you will lead & support the entirety of Data at Brex, encompassing machine learning, analytics, and data platform functions. We’re looking for a servant leader who values growing the people on their teams alongside a strong desire to develop collaborative & effective organizations.
- Build, lead, and grow successful data science, analytics, and engineering teams; including exceptional managers and individual contributors.
- Actively partner with recruiting teams to hire great talent at Brex. You will be a collaborator in sourcing & closing candidates, in addition to helping build company-wide leadership principles.
- Define & lead the Data organization’s charter and roadmap while developing key metrics and frameworks to inform success.
- Support teams to design scalable data systems to empower customers with accessible and reliable insights, while being a champion for compliance.
- Represent the Data organization as a stakeholder in cross-functional partnerships and set priorities for your teams.
- Inspire a collaborative culture and uphold Brex’s values alongside high engineering standards to bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes.
- Several (5+) years of experience in a senior engineering leadership role having managed multiple teams & sub-teams in a high growth environment. Ideally, organizations of 40+ individuals.
- Experience managing best data practices, creating OKRs (objectives & key results) and KPIs (key performance indicators), and influencing a data-driven culture company-wide.
- Deep technical understanding of Data relevant topics, including (some, but not all): machine learning, statistics, analytics, and processing large data sets.
- Strong and effective communication ability to convey complex ideas in a simple manner, apply active listening when working with others, and drive teams to resolutions during discussions.
- A proven track record of building cultures that encourage ambition and foster empathy. You will create and contribute to a healthy and collaborative culture that showcases Brex’s values.
- You lead by example and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive into the team’s work to fill gaps as needed.
- You have experience within the domain of Fintech. Specifically, surrounding the areas of fraud, risk, and integrity detection.
- Previous experience having founded a company or been a foundational member of an early-stage start up. We value entrepreneurial spirit & scrappiness.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs