Data Science Manager, Data Science
Remote: AMER Region
Something about us...
App Annie is the industry’s most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. Our mission is to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. We created the mobile app data market and are committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,300 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. We are a global company, headquartered in San Francisco but as a “remote” first company, we care about your results and not your location.
Along with a market defining product, we take great pride in our culture and values and strive to embody them daily! We set a high bar for our success and have made Excellence as our standard, hold each other Accountable, continuously push Innovation and Win with Style.
What can you tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
As a Data Science Manager, I’m leading Data Science key contributions to App Annie’s DaaS and SaaS products. I’m responsible for piloting new product developments, overseeing the expansion and optimization of our ML algorithms and managing a team of Data Scientists to ultimately drive innovation and future growth of the company. I work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Data Analysts and Big Data Engineers to coordinate and monitor execution of tasks while ensuring timely delivery on commitments and reporting to senior management. I am passionate about what I do and excited to do it in the context of an entrepreneurial start-up with a phenomenal team.
You will be responsible for and take pride in….
We are seeking an outstanding Data Science Manager interested in working in the hot space of mobile and digital analytics to join the rapidly growing Data Science team at App Annie, leveraging a variety of data sources, machine learning algorithms, artificial intelligence, and data science methodologies to create market estimates and other KPI’s for mobile apps and publishers. We need self-driven and motivated performers to join our stellar team. Your tasks will include:
- Managing Data Scientists and Data Engineers in defining and executing tasks as part of algorithm development for new and existing products
- Developing the heart of App Annie’s future products and Unified Data A.I. vision
- Coordinating with Product Managers and Engineering leaders to refine product concepts and implement the data modeling needed to turn them into reality
- Providing guidance to the team in creating and customizing models and metrics
- Working with large, complex data sets that meet function and non-functional business requirements
- Designing and optimizing algorithms to accelerate value provided to customers
- Communicating well and clearly with teams and team members across multiple time zones and countries.
- Leading by example in establishing cross-functional interactions to increase efficiency of successful deliverables
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- You should be a strong data science lead with proven experience in machine learning algorithm development
- You should have a passion for everything to do with data, with top-level experience working in data modeling and quantitative analysis
- MS or PhD preferred in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Econometrics or related field
- At least 10 years work experience in data modeling, machine learning algorithm development, software engineering
- An ability to solve challenging problems and provide innovative practical solutions quickly and efficiently
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of data scientists to deliver quality large-scale data analysis and data products in an app analytics context
- Excellent communications skills, both within data science, and to external stakeholders and management
- Excellent data science skills, including a working knowledge of several of the following statistics packages and languages: Python including scikit-learn, Zeppelin, SQL and Spark
- Flexible mindset and the ability to prototype and change direction rapidly as research evolves
- Strong problem solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- An excellent communicator with a knack for concisely explaining problems and solutions to multiple stakeholders, e.g. product managers, senior management, etc.
- A strong drive to continue learning and developing
- Independently making decisions quickly based on your expertise
- Demonstrated ability to produce results as part of a highly distributed team that crosses cultural and country boundaries
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you are involved in. You make it happen!
This is what we offer...
- We provide a $1,000 (Country equivalent) reimbursable WFH allowance to set you up for remote work success.
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection, so your video does not freeze on Zoom.
- Flexible working days. We love to meet, but if you need to get your kids to school/ zoom or need to leave early to get to your band practice or gym classes, do your thing.
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Health and dental benefits, mental health concierge and financial planning support
- Wellbeing allowance for any activity that matters to your wellbeing; (online) gym classes, fitness equipment, mindfulness apps or even childcare support!
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- An international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- Ample virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
Yes, I want this job!
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs