Product Manager, Machine Learning
GrammarlyMillions trust Grammarly’s free writing app to make their online writing clear and effective. Getting started is simple — download Grammarly’s extension today.
Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Starting in 2022, teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.
Grammarly team members who will be collaborating at our Kyiv hub must be based in Ukraine.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning, to join our Product team. The Senior Product Manager will oversee a strong group of ML engineers, research scientists, computational linguists, and data scientists owning critical, zero-to-one product initiatives. Initial focus areas will include developing ML capabilities in the space of natural language understanding and generation to bring writing assistance to millions of users. This includes understanding and applying cutting-edge technologies around large language models (think BERT or Pegasus) and semantics to rethink the future of communication. The Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning, will be responsible for setting short- and long-term strategies leading execution, experimentation, and productionizing while also working cross-functionally to influence roadmaps across Grammarly.
As Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning, you will apply an immense amount of creativity to figure out how to leverage the emerging technology of language understanding and generation to solve real communication problems that affect millions of people every day. The unique challenge of this position is to be incredibly empathetic to be able to understand the difficulties people have with communication—while staying at the forefront of the rapidly changing AI/NLP field.
In this role, you will:
- Lay the technical foundation to use state-of-the-art ML approaches to help users communicate better, operating at a massive scale.
- Be accountable for the data and ML quality of Grammarly’s differentiated user experiences that help millions of users achieve their communication goals.
- Be able to generate business impact at a massive scale through rapid iteration and hypothesis-driven experimentation.
Within your first thirty days, you will familiarize yourself with the existing foundation that powers Grammarly. Over time you will start to validate product and technology hypotheses in the space of machine learning and NLP. In your first six months, you will deliver impactful product experiences to millions of users every single day.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Appreciates complex and technical products, elegant user experiences, and how product impacts metrics and growth.
- Understands the complexities of building ML and NLP products and has experience prototyping, iterating on, evaluating, and scaling large-scale ML/NLP systems.
- Can connect ML value propositions to actual user problems.
- Understands engineering complexity and has solid tech literacy and pattern recognition for discussing solutions and estimates.
- Can build exceptional, cross-functional relationships across Marketing, Applied Research, Engineering, Computational Linguistics, and Analytics teams.
- Has developed and successfully owned key product metrics/indicators that map directly or indirectly to company performance, and can analyze and pull meaningful insights from both quantitative and qualitative data.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
- Relocation support: We can help you relocate to Kyiv and make the experience smooth and easy. Grammarly provides a relocation bonus, legal and visa support, temporary housing, moving support and travel expenses, assistance in finding schools for your kids—and all other information you might need.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs