Principal Software Engineer (Machine Learning Platform)
TripAdvisorWorld's largest travel platform. Browse hundreds of millions of traveler reviews and opinions. Compare low prices on hotels, flights, and cruises. Book popular tours and attractions as well as reserve tables at great restaurants.
We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
What we do in Engineering:
We have a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Our engineers are part of the full process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration. Our team is building the Machine Learning Platform for all data scientists across Tripadvisor. Our mission is to make data scientists more productive and to enable broader and deeper utilization of machine learning techniques to help improving the business performance.
We use variety of 3rd party packages, including MLFlow, Seldon for ML model tracking and deployment, Kubernetes for hosting models, Argo and Git for CI/CD automation, Spark for big data processing. This is a rapidly changing field and we are deeply involved in open source community to help shape the technology evolution and are constantly looking for components to adopt in order to enhance our platform.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with data science teams to define feature specifications and develop high quality deliverables for our customers.
- Provide technical leadership for the team.
- Drive innovation, generate and promote new ideas, solve complex problems in innovative way
- Develop across our evolving technology stack - we’re using Python, Spark, Postgres, ArgoCD, Argo Workflow, Seldon, MLFlow and more. We are migrating into AWS cloud and adopting many services that are available in that environment.
- You will have the opportunity to learn many cutting edge technologies around Machine Learning Platform. You will push the boundaries, to test, develop and implement new ideas, technology and opportunities, and be well rewarded and recognized for doing so.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
- Touch code at every level – from the UI, backend microservices, database, big data processing, operations, to CD/CI automation.
- Take ownership for the quality of the code.
- Mentor and coach others on the team.
What we are looking for?
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience of commercial software development
- Demonstrated excellence participating on cross functional teams in fast-paced environments, both in terms of technical leadership and hands-on coding.
- Excellent ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
- Proven that you are a leader who prioritizes, communicates clearly, and partners effectively with both technical and non-technical employees.
- Excellent command of tools and expertise for troubleshooting production issues.
- Experience with Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Argo, Spark and AWS cloud services a plus.
- Exposure to Machine Learning practices a plus.
What you’ll get
Highly competitive salary along with the following:
- Annual bonus
- Excellent contributory pension
- Full family private medical cover
- Full dental cover
- Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership)
- Personal travel reimbursement
- Critical illness plus full life cover
- Fantastic career support and progression opportunities.
*This role gives the flexibility to work from home and/or the office.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs