Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Wayfair Inc.Shop Wayfair for A Zillion Things Home across all styles and budgets. 5,000 brands of furniture, lighting, cookware, and more. Free Shipping on most items.
Wayfair’s Data Science & Machine Learning Team builds the algorithmic systems that drive our business.
The team has a wide range of scope: Supply Chain and Operations, Fraud detection, Customer Feedback and Translations. As a result, we work with several different engineering teams in different departments for our model productization.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will partner both with those teams and our Data Science tech leads to productionize cutting-edge models for Supply Chain and Operations in customer-facing scenarios providing significant business-impact.
You will thus join our Staff Machine Learning engineering to build out the supply chain and operations area which is one of the newest global domains of Wayfair’s Data Science Team.
The projects that our teams work on vary in maturity, but are often built from the ground up – we look for entrepreneurial individuals who want to take ownership over their own agenda and thrive in a collaborative team environment.
What You'll Do:
- You’ll be part of one of our Data Science teams, being a key player contributing to solve challenging problems on data-driven scenarios using Machine Learning at scale
- Deploy and maintain production models and services using both internal and open-source tools
- Collaborate closely with the engineering teams of B2B, sales, supply chain, fraud, user generated content and merchandising to ensure integration of our machine learning models into our microservices architecture
- Improve the pace of innovation and experimentation by introducing best practices and tools for Data Science workflow, code quality and MLOps
- Architect and write code to implement high-quality, scalable services with effective system boundaries that supports our long term vision & strategy
- Lead your teammates by example, as a senior member of the team your code and system designs demonstrate the path the team should follow
- Contribute to and influence our technology and product strategy and roadmaps
- Develop GCP based solutions within the Data Science team and help establish our team as the center of excellence for GCP
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of previous experience in Software Engineering with a strong background in Software Development Lifecycle processes.
- Experience with implementation in low-latency real-time platforms and/or scalable offline batch processes
- Solid experience with Java or Python (production level code) and SQL
- Job scheduling technologies (ex: Airflow) and containerization for isolated development (Docker, Kubernetes) shouldn’t be foreign concepts to you.
- Knowledge of Microservice architectures.
- Capability to communicate and collaborate across the wider organization, influencing decisions without direct authority and always with inclusive, adaptable and persuasive communication.
- A passion for challenging problems and the ability to work with many different teams identifying architectural boundaries and platform interfaces.
- Desire to always be learning, and a collaborative team-player attitude!
Nice to have would be some experience with:
- Familiarity with Data & ML processing pipelines
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform (also good if familiar with AWS or Azure)
- Familiarity with AWS Sagemaker or Google Vertex AI or something similar
- Proficiency in Big Data and Streaming tech (Spark/Flink, Kafka, or similar)
- Previous exposure to Supply Chain, Fraud, Payments, or NLP projects
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs