Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning - Notifications
San Francisco, CA or Remote
DiscordDiscord is the easiest way to talk over voice, video, and text. Talk, chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.
Discord is about creating a space for everyone to find belonging in their lives. Hundreds of millions of people use Discord every week to have meaningful interactions.
The mission of the Discovery & Notifications team at Discord is to help users connect and engage with the online communities to create this belonging. We are working on smart notifications that help users stay connected with their communities at Discord along with ensuring the volume, timing and quality of these notifications are additive to user experience.
We are just starting to build these ML driven user experiences and if you are someone who is passionate about building things from scratch, this could be a great opportunity for you!
What you'll be doing
- Design and build machine learning systems to optimize the time, channel and urgency of sending notifications.
- Build ranking models for notifications in-app to help users catch up most effectively.
- Build infrastructure for training, inference and serving of these models.
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the company such as, leaders in product, data science, and engineering
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field including Computer Science, Physics, Applied Math, Statistics or other quantitative fields.
- 5+ years of software development experience, or 3+ years with an advanced degree.
- Worked with large scale search / adsML / recommendation systems.
- Deep understanding of seminal approaches to ranking and constrained optimization.
- You've worked with distributed systems deployed at scale.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments and get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them.
- Experience in notifications ML, or marketing ML
Benefits And Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000
for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 19+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO, use-what-you-need sick days and volunteer time off
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
In a world of polarization, social curation, and loneliness, Discord is working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider. We believe in the value of genuine human connection, which can so easily be lost online. So we’re building a space where everyone can find belonging from the inside out.
If this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs