Richmond, VA Metro Area
OT Status: Non-Exempt
Work Location: Richmond, VA metro area
This position is for an expert seeking an opportunity to lead a data-driven culture in the energy sector. The position is responsible for developing data strategies and performing data-driven market research analyses to support the Propane Education & Research Council’s business development and market outreach programs.
This position works closely in collaborating with and managing our data agency partners in connecting deliverables to concise business goals and outputs.
Experience and Requirements
- 5-7 years of directly related experience. Energy sector experience preferred.
- Knowledge of market research techniques and tools including government energy data resources (i.e., EIA.gov), open government energy related APIs, and advanced methodologies for engineering multiple data resources to produce new market intelligence insights
- Ability to collect and analyze marketing feedback and perception data through tools such as online surveys, opinion polls, and questionnaires; includes knowledge of crafting methodologies for proprietary and secondary market research across categories including agriculture, manufacturing, transportation, and other sectors where propane plays a vital role in business continuity.
- Perform market and product research, analysis of national industry trends, collection of annual gallon sales, interpretation of consumer perceptions, and analysis of competition.
- Manage the Annual Propane Retail Sales Report from the data collection phase until the final deliverable, facilitates delivery of sales report content with agency partner(s) into digital publishing format for PERC’s website and various online audience usages.
- Collaborates with Sr. Contracts Manager and Counsel to negotiate contracts with research and data management vendors, including managing the formal proposal process from establishing clear objectives, audiences, desired outcomes and reporting back to the business and Council.
- Prepare reports on findings.
- Collaborate with Director of Strategic Operations (title to be changed?) to acquire and utilize data for industry and market analyses.
- Maintain a good understanding of the propane industry and stay current on trends and news within the industry.
- Provide data stewardship by ensuring that data and metadata are properly updated.
- Identify and execute data collection, cataloguing and tagging, as well as collect data to support the Council’s measurement and evaluation activities.
- Provide input and data to support decisions about developing new uses for propane through technology development and commercialization of new propane-powered products.
- Develop, manage, and execute market research projects designed to deliver insights and recommendations to support strategic and tactical decision-making
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret research documents/white papers and market intelligence databases. Ability to write routine reports and creative presentations. Ability to speak effectively before C-suite executives as well as external audiences
- Presentation Skills: Proficiency with PowerPoint presentations; and presenting business insights in a clear, attractive, and concise manner.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficiency in Tableau, SQL, R, SPSS, Alteryx, and Excel required. Python experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience in the following platforms: Tableau, data.world or comparable data catalog, Snowflake.
Bachelor’s degree (at a minimum) in Business and/or Data Analysis, MBA preferred. Other nanodegrees in predictive analytics, the application of machine learning (ML), Python or other data manipulation tools are beneficial. Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP), and Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
Office work environment: virtual, plus mandatory in-person company meetings
Travel: Minimal travel may be required (up to 15%).
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs