Richmond, VA Metro Area
OT Status: Non-Exempt
Work Location: Richmond, VA metro area
This position is for an expert seeking an opportunity to lead a data-driven culture in the energy sector. The position is responsible for developing data strategies and performing data-driven market research analyses to support the Propane Education & Research Council’s business development and market outreach programs.
This position works closely in collaborating with and managing our data agency partners in connecting deliverables to concise business goals and outputs.
Experience and Requirements
- 5-7 years of directly related experience. Energy sector experience preferred.
- Knowledge of market research techniques and tools including government energy data resources (i.e., EIA.gov), open government energy related APIs, and advanced methodologies for engineering multiple data resources to produce new market intelligence insights
- Ability to collect and analyze marketing feedback and perception data through tools such as online surveys, opinion polls, and questionnaires; includes knowledge of crafting methodologies for proprietary and secondary market research across categories including agriculture, manufacturing, transportation, and other sectors where propane plays a vital role in business continuity.
- Perform market and product research, analysis of national industry trends, collection of annual gallon sales, interpretation of consumer perceptions, and analysis of competition.
- Manage the Annual Propane Retail Sales Report from the data collection phase until the final deliverable, facilitates delivery of sales report content with agency partner(s) into digital publishing format for PERC’s website and various online audience usages.
- Collaborates with Sr. Contracts Manager and Counsel to negotiate contracts with research and data management vendors, including managing the formal proposal process from establishing clear objectives, audiences, desired outcomes and reporting back to the business and Council.
- Prepare reports on findings.
- Collaborate with Director of Strategic Operations (title to be changed?) to acquire and utilize data for industry and market analyses.
- Maintain a good understanding of the propane industry and stay current on trends and news within the industry.
- Provide data stewardship by ensuring that data and metadata are properly updated.
- Identify and execute data collection, cataloguing and tagging, as well as collect data to support the Council’s measurement and evaluation activities.
- Provide input and data to support decisions about developing new uses for propane through technology development and commercialization of new propane-powered products.
- Develop, manage, and execute market research projects designed to deliver insights and recommendations to support strategic and tactical decision-making
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret research documents/white papers and market intelligence databases. Ability to write routine reports and creative presentations. Ability to speak effectively before C-suite executives as well as external audiences
- Presentation Skills: Proficiency with PowerPoint presentations; and presenting business insights in a clear, attractive, and concise manner.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Proficiency in Tableau, SQL, R, SPSS, Alteryx, and Excel required. Python experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience in the following platforms: Tableau, data.world or comparable data catalog, Snowflake.
Bachelor’s degree (at a minimum) in Business and/or Data Analysis, MBA preferred. Other nanodegrees in predictive analytics, the application of machine learning (ML), Python or other data manipulation tools are beneficial. Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP), and Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
Office work environment: virtual, plus mandatory in-person company meetings
Travel: Minimal travel may be required (up to 15%).
Other jobs like this
Data Scientist (Remote)Business Intelligence Computer Science Data Mining Data visualization Engineering Hadoop Looker +6
401(k) matching Career development Equity Health care Insurance +3
Acoustic Data ScientistData analysis Data Analytics Data visualization Engineering Industrial Machine Learning Mathematics +11
Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Summit2Sea Consulting, LLC
Data ScientistAgile Airflow AWS Azure Big Data Business Intelligence CI/CD +22
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Health care Insurance +2
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open BI Developer jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Director, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Junior Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Statistics/Python/BI) (Bangkok-based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Power BI Developer jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open ML models-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Finance-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Data management-related jobs
- Open PhD-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Deep Learning-related jobs
- Open Scala-related jobs
- Open Data visualization-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs