Seattle, San Francisco, USA (Remote)
StripeOnline payment processing for internet businesses. Stripe is a suite of payment APIs that powers commerce for online businesses of all sizes, including fraud prevention, and subscription management.
The Financial Engineering team is at the core of Stripe to empower mission-critical financial domains including Accounting, Finance & Strategy, and Treasury. Engineers on the Financial Engineering team build platforms, data pipelines, and financial products for the Finance team led by Stripe’s CFO. The use cases include financial analytics and insights, accounting automation, auditing, financial planning & forecasting, and financial business intelligence.
We’re looking for Data Analysts who can help us identify the questions we should be asking, and answer them. You should love clever analysis and get excited about elegance in experimental design. You’re passionate about solving business problems and making direct impact on customers, you are comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Discover the important questions that Stripe should be asking, and then answer them with data.
- Design and run your own experiments.
- Identify useful metrics, and set up graphs and reports to track these metrics.
- Keep our data structured in a way that makes regular analysis easy and flexible.
- Evangelize data within the company.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate proficiency with your environment of choice (R, Julia, Python, etc)
- Be familiar with distributed computation tools (Impala, Scalding, Hadoop, Spark, etc).
- Have strong knowledge of experimental design and interpretation of results.
Nice to haves:
- Be comfortable writing well-structured, production-ready code to support your work.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Operations Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs