Software Engineering Manager - Data Integration
Boston, San Francisco or Remote
Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 13 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the Role:
As the Engineering Manager of the Data Integration Tools team, you will manage 3-6 hi engineers and help them improve processes, deliver solutions to fascinating and challenging problems, and grow as engineers. Your team builds and supports the tools that internal users utilize to configure ETL processes. You’ll work closely with Client Success on creative requests to incorporate new data supporting students’ educational success.
- Foster inclusion through equitable decision-making processes that leverage the experiences and backgrounds of all team members.
- Grow, onboard, and hire a diverse set of engineers.
- Partner with peers in engineering, product, design, and other functional teams.
- Support the team, for example; facilitate design sessions, organize the next sprint, or clarify the technical solutions to support the team.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- 1+ year of experience as an Engineering Manager.
- 3+ years of experience demonstrating a technical depth and breadth of design, implementation, and release of software systems.
- Experience coaching engineers in a range of performance needs.
- Experience supporting inclusive and effective teams.
- Experience leading collaborative decision-making.
About Engineering at Panorama
The engineering team is involved in every step of the product cycle, working closely with Panorama’s other teams and our users to brainstorm and build solutions to education’s toughest problems. We have strong technical chops and constantly challenge ourselves. From guest talks, engineering blogs, book clubs, to hackathons, and open-source projects (both in-house and outside), we try to improve ourselves as we help schools around the world do the same.
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians attend and travel/hotels are provided. (Paused due to Covid)
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs