Senior Product Data Analyst
FlexportWir bewegen Ihre Fracht weltweit und bilden alle Schritte Ihrer gesamte Lieferkette auf unserer intuitiven, cloud-basierten Plattform transparent ab. Jetzt mehr erfahren
As a Sr. Product Analyst, you’ll be a primary thought partner to product and engineering leaders on everything data. You will be integral to the end-to-end product development process: from informing product requirements to evaluating the impact of our products post-launch. Most importantly, you’ll help to drive a culture of product development in which technology teams are endlessly curious, ask great questions, and are reliably able to answer these questions quickly, easily, and accurately.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with product teams to advise on product direction and strategy, roadmaps, feature prioritization, metrics and goals, feature prioritization, and user journeys, and to accelerate decision making.
- Lead advanced, ad-hoc analytics projects to understand user behavior and long-term trends to identify opportunities for improving user acquisition, engagement, experience, value, and retention
- Define core product and feature metrics and develop reporting and self-serve experiences in Looker and Amplitude to guarantee consistent and efficient access to these metrics
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Analytics Engineering to ensure proper tracking and instrumentation of new product initiatives and features
- Play a foundational role in building a data culture at Flexport by defining standards and practices for how product groups work with data and providing a strong voice for a data-informed point of view
- Manage the design, implementation, and evaluation of experiments and develop and socialize a rigorous culture of experimentation across all product teams
- Collaborate with UX research to design and evaluate surveys and surface quantitative insights on customer experience
- Collaborate cross-functionally with sister analytics teams at Flexport to share best practices, insights and innovations
Preferred Tech Stack
- Languages: SQL (Snowflake), Python
- BI: Looker, Snowsight
- Transformation: dbt
- Instrumentation: Amplitude, Snowplow
- Orchestration: Airflow
What You’ll Need:
- 8+ years previous experience as a data scientist, data analyst, or data engineer
- Demonstrated experience with modern BI Tools: Looker (preferred), Tableau, Power BI, Mode, Sisense, or Superset
- Experience with data transformation and orchestration tooling (dbt strongly preferred)
- Expert-level SQL and familiarity with a scientific programming language, such as R or Python.
- Extensive experience with event-tracking tools like Amplitude (preferred), Mixpanel, Heap, and Snowplow, with proven experience in defining and managing the implementation and governance of these tools
- Experience presenting findings to business partners across the organization, including executive leadership
- Solid understanding of customer-centric digital product analysis
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- A foundational understanding of statistical techniques such as regression, predictive modeling, forecasting, time series analysis, and clustering and apply those to answer business needs
What you’re like:
- Laser focused on impact, balancing effort to value, and getting things done.
- Charismatic storyteller ready to lead growth conversations with senior leadership.
- Highly productive: Work independently on a day-to-day basis. This role is intended for somebody who will take meaningful responsibility and initiative for our business metrics.
- Structured thinker: Understand the key drivers to our business and identify how to modify them to improve business metrics.
- Consumer-first and positive thinker: You're motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment – business decisions here can connect and impact millions of users.
- Expert multi-tasker and prioritizer: Experience (and preferably an enjoyment of) balancing numerous different priorities and demands.
- Positive and adaptable: Demonstrates flexibility and constructive attitude in face of shifting business needs and personal responsibilities.
- Seasoned analyst: We’re looking to add a senior individual contributor leader to our team, ready to mentor junior analysts. #LI-LB1
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs