Data Engineer - Technology
Uptake Technologies Inc.Uptake is the industrial analytics platform that delivers products to major industries to increase productivity, security, safety and reliability.
Data Engineer - Technology
What We Do
Uptake is the premier Industrial AI company, providing a predictive analytics SaaS platform that empowers major industry leaders to optimize performance, reduce asset failures, and enhance safety. At Uptake, we combine our strengths — machine learning, analytics, data visualization, and software development — to deliver actionable insights that make the industry more reliable, productive, safe, and secure.
What you'll do:
As a Senior Data Engineer on the Uptake Technology team, you'll work with Uptake's cross-functional Data Science and Product teams which includes data scientists, product owners, and engineers, as well as interface directly with a team of offshore engineering resources.
You will design, build & test data ingestion workflows using ETL tools, and python and/or Java. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytic and technical background, as well as the ability to be flexible and adaptive to rapidly evolving needs of the team.
- Design and implement data ingestion workflows, real-time ETL and batch processing of data to support data science models
- Work with customer success/support teams and with data science teams to develop data expertise and resolve issues relating to data quality
- Define best practices and design for the management of data
- Work with Uptake product team for writing stories, with offshore team members to guide and direct them. Own data ingestion for Uptake.
- Minimum 5 years experience working as a Data Engineer
- Ability to write efficient SQL queries
- Ability to architect data solutions
- Experience managing data ETL processes and making data available through service applications and databases.
- 5+ years experience with programming languages (Python, Java)
- Experience with AWS Athena, Azure Synapse, AWS Glue, Azure Data Factory preferred
- Ability to debug data related issues quickly and fix them efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills, including documentation
- Experience with REST APIs and making data available through microservices.
- Familiarity with of microservice architecture and Docker
- MS in Computer Science or other similar technical field
- Experience working in a cloud-native AWS/Azure environment, using managed services, especially work in AWS/Azure
- Some knowledge of machine learning and data science processes
Why Work Here?
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs