Data Science Manager - Personal Banking and Paid For
We're looking for Data Science Managers to help our product teams build the bank of the future. You’ll have the opportunity to lead a team of Data Scientists across our Personal Banking and Paid For collective.
Personal Banking and Paid For own our most important current account features. You’ll get the chance to work on our market leading products like Pots, Get Paid Early, and our Plus and Premium Product. Your work will produce a best in class new user experience, and help build social connections with our peer to peer payments, our referral programme and shared tabs.
You’ll work closely with product managers, engineers, designers and researchers in an agile product environment. You’ll champion the use of data, bring ideas to life through rigorous experimentation and A/B testing. You’ll help us get the most out of volumes of cloud native data platform, spotting opportunities to make each area of our product work even better for our users. You’ll help your team grow, hiring new team members, supporting their personal development. Your team will drive product innovation and you’ll get to see the impact of all your work in the product changes we make.
We have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And we're great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All our data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the head space to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
We work in cross-functional squads where every data scientist is a member of a central data discipline and fully embedded into a product squad alongside engineers, designers, marketers, product managers, machine learning engineers etc.
As part of your role, you'll:
- Be a key leader in building a discipline of exceptional data scientists working on making Monzo world class at tackling operations problems
- Help hire, develop and retain talented Data Scientists
- Generate insights that can change the direction of product development
- Establish yourself as a trusted partner to the product leadership teams with the capacity for getting things done, be it either hands-on or by leading others
- Bring data leadership and rigour to our approach to product development in the operations function and build a strategic understanding of the business while structuring complex projects to bring them to life
- Liaise with engineers to keep making sure we collect the right data to produce relevant business insights
- Guide and enable product teams to measure things that matter; initiate or help run A/B experiments to keep improving everything we do
What’s special about data at Monzo?
Autonomy. We believe that people reach their full potential when you can remove all the operational obstacles out of their way and let them run with their ideas. This comes together with a strong sense of ownership for your projects. At Monzo, you will get full access to our data and analytics infrastructure. When you discover something interesting, there is nothing stopping you from exploring and implementing your coolest ideas.
Cutting-edge managed infrastructure. All our data infrastructure lives on the Google Cloud Platform, so you don't need to spend your time configuring or managing clusters, databases, etc. All of our infrastructure is designed so that we can have really high data quality, and spend most of our time using that data to support business decisions.
Automation. We aim to automate as much as we can, so that every person in the team can focus on the things that humans do best. As with all data science work, there’s some analysis and reporting, and as much as possible we encourage self-serve access to our data through Looker.
You should apply if:
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you!
- You have multiple years of experience in data, working as a Lead Analyst or Data Scientist
- You know what it takes to manage top tier Data Science talent
- You’re excited by the opportunity to work autonomously to impact the future of a fast growing, ever evolving business
- You consider yourself an empathetic leader and have experience managing data scientists and you really enjoy that part of the job
- You have experience working together and collaborating with senior business stakeholders and product teams
- You're familiar with using a variety of Data Science tools (from business intelligence, experimentation and causal inference through to machine learning), and coding languages (Python and SQL). You know when to pick the right tool, and can help others do the same
- You have multiple years experience working in a product analytics role and have conducting large scale A/B experiments
- We can help you relocate to London & we can sponsor visas.
- This role can be based in our London office or remotely within the UK
- We offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- Diversity and inclusion is a priority for us – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, our team has to represent our customers. So we need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on our blog.
- If you prefer to work part-time, we'll make this happen whenever we can - whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
- The application process consists of a 30 min phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a practical exercise and 2-3 video interviews. We promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs