Developer Advocate - Data Science & Machine Learning
San Mateo, CA, USA
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowfake’s future success depends upon making our users: data scientists, app developers, and data engineers successful. As a Developer Advocate, your mission will be to drive the awareness and adoption of Snowflake among data scientists and machine learning engineers.
You will accomplish this by inspiring and educating data scientists on why and how to deliver powerful workflows and models built with Snowflake and its powerful ecosystem. You will engage in data science and app dev communities, create technical and engaging resources such as demo videos, code samples, documentation, how-to guides,
- Build awareness and motivate data scientists to build ML workflows (data prep, model training, evaluation, tuning, deployment) on Snowflake.
- Be hands-on. Develop and maintain resources for data scientists such as open source demos, models, code samples, documentation, and how-to guides
- Engage in external communities like Pytorch, TensorFlow, MLflow, Kaggle, and GitHub to identify new resources that should be created, and own the delivery of those pieces.
- Speak at conferences, contributing to events, and engaging in communities especially around Python
- Communicate developer requirements and provide input to product management and engineering on enhancements and future product direction
- Define and own metrics to measure the success of your initiatives and develop strategies for improvement
WHAT YOU'LL HAVE:
- 3+ years of experience as a developer with expertise in data science and machine learning.
- You live and breathe the app developer and data scientist world; you empathize with them and their challenges—and are excited to help them succeed
- Deep expertise in Python, and knowledge of end-to-end ML workflows from data prep, model training, evaluation, tuning, to deployment. You are familiar with ML frameworks, tooling, and protocols.
- Bonus: background in app dev frameworks like Django, Flask, MEAN, React, and experience building with least one of cloud services (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Experience of working within cross-functional teams (product management, marketing, product engineering, support, customer success, etc).
- Scrappy and has a mindset that done is better than perfect.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Lead Data Engineer jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Staff Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs