Senior Data Analyst, DMAT (Data Management and Analytics Tools)
Senior Analyst, Data Management and Analytics Tools
Are you passionate about enabling data driven decision making by building high quality and easy to use data products? Are you someone who enjoys working with data and turning BIG data into operational insights. We are seeking a Senior Analyst in our Data Management and Analytics Tools (DMAT) team to help us build, maintain and innovate on our BI tools which are used by all executive and business users to drive key strategic and business decisions across the company.
The ideal candidate will bring passion for building, innovating and scaling high quality data tools and have superb technical skills in data extraction, manipulation and reporting. This is the perfect opportunity for someone with 3 - 5 years experience to gain valuable experience and drive decisions at the largest social commerce company.
- Build, maintain and innovate our executive focussed BI reporting platform providing access to critical decision making data to all business leaders and executives.
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to understand business requirements and build/update scalable solutions to deliver business insights.
- Build different pieces of our data infrastructure - new tables, new dimensions and new measures etc as needed to support business reporting.
- Help build out and maintain analytical tools (Looker, data catalogs, curated sharing platforms, etc.). Contribute to constantly improving best practices.
- Develop strong understanding of different areas of the business and the key metrics used to measure performance of overall business, Product, Seller Success, International Expansion, Marketplace Operations, Growth, Merchandising and Community Service.
- Become an expert of the data to help support questions asked by other team members or business partners.
- Ensure high-quality and accurate customer data is delivered into our analytics platform. Troubleshoot and resolve complex data quality issues.
- Utilize API’s to extract data from our BI Model and other 3rd party sources.
- Work closely with Data-Engineering partners to write and maintain ETL scripts for our analytics DB layer to enforce business definitions.
- Maintain all required documentation.
- Become well versed in our LookML model and the different advanced techniques within Looker.
- Develop and maintain executive focused BI reporting solutions.
- Develop a deep understanding of company KPIs and the different technical nuances on how they are defined.
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Become a core developer of our LookML codebase and assist in keeping Looker up to date with best practices.
- Become a core contributor of the executive focussed BI reporting platform and drive innovations by enhancing scalability, ease of use as well as diagnostic monitoring.
- Develop and maintain BI ETLs to support new and existing data projects.
- Help develop innovative tools & solutions to support and scale the analytics team.
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent degree in a quantitative field with 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in a Business Intelligence and data support role.
- Advanced SQL skills, knowledge of other programming language(s), Python and LookML preferred.
- Hands on experience working with big datasets, building data models, ETLs, reporting solutions to answer business questions. Cloud applications experience is preferred and knowledge of different data technology stacks is a huge plus.
- Experience in writing scripts or programs to analyze/validate large data sets.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical problem solving abilities and project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Discuss technical topics with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with Excel and Google Sheets is a big plus.
- Independent self-starter able to take on large projects.
- Passionate about building scalable, efficient and well documented solutions to solve big data workflow challenges. Eg. Data catalogs, business insights frameworks, etc.
- Strong debugging skills. Great attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Product Manager, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs