Data Analyst for Product
San Francisco, Denver, Boston, Toronto, Remote US, Remote Canada
- Lead all things data for a product team
- Analyze rich data sets
- Improve our product to help 100,000+ developers ship code faster
About Product Analytics at CircleCI
In this role, you are a member of the Data Science and Analytics team. We are a dozen analysts and data scientists in CircleCI's product organization. We help product teams make data-driven decisions, deliver measurable improvements to our products, and ship innovative data products. Each data analyst and data scientist supports one or more product teams. You lead all things data for your product team!
What you’ll do:
- Be an excellent analyst: Uncover business questions. Write research plans. Explore data in clean and raw forms. Soundly use statistics. Make clear visualizations. Uncover insights. Tell compelling stories. Present to technical and executive audiences. Drive action and outcomes.
- Support a product team: Collaborate with product managers, product leaders, designers, and engineers. Define, root cause, and forecast product metrics. Analyze products, customers, and business outcomes. Uncover what drives process success.
- Use a growth toolkit: Think in terms of product activation, engagement, retention, and growth. Support iterative cycles of build, measure, and learn. Design, interpret and support product experiments and A/B tests. Educate partners on statistical validity.
- Improve our analytics practice: Turn repetitive analyses into dashboards. Improve team processes. Build data pipelines and tables. Define requirements for better data. Improve data automation and analytics capabilities. Partner with data and analytics engineers.
What we're looking for
- One to two years of product analytics: Successful candidates typically have from one to two years supporting product, growth, or marketing as a dedicated analyst. Typically, that experience is at a high-growth company with a well-defined product funnel. Often, candidates have an additional few years supporting other functions as a data analyst or in BI-, reporting-, or analytics-engineering roles.
- Technical education: A bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field (e.g., Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance, etc.). Bonus for a similar Master’s degree or a data science bootcamp.
- Proficiency across analytics tools: Analytical SQL. Scripting in a notebook environment, using Python and Pandas. Intermediate statistics. Basic data science. Ability to quickly ramp up on GitHub, Snowflake, Looker, Amplitude, Segment, Optimizely, Airflow, DBT, and others.
- Right soft skills: Curious; confident; open to questioning assumptions and being questioned. Effective communicator across technical and business audiences. An incremental worker, able to balance vision and execution, and not easily discouraged.
You can work remotely anywhere in North America! You also have the option to work out of our San Francisco, Denver, Boston, or Toronto offices, once they reopen. CircleCI is a distributed company with team members across 50+ cities and 13 countries.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that process more than one million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $95,000 - $111,500/year
Level: Mid-Senior Level
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs