Senior Product Manager - Data Science Platform
Remote - US
Veeva SystemsVeeva Systems Inc. is a leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, Veeva has more than 750 customers, ranging from the world's largest pharmaceutical...
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
Nitro is a data science and analytics platform focused on the commercial life sciences industry. The Nitro team is seeking an experienced product person who will be responsible for designing and bringing to market new cutting-edge features focused on enabling Nitro’s growing data scientist user base. If you are a ‘Data Person’ who is passionate about technologies such as Big Data, analytical data modeling, SQL, Python, EMR, S3, Kafka, Arrow Flight, you’ll love this gig and we’d love to talk with you. As a member of the team, you will need to hit the ground running, be comfortable in front of customers and technical audiences. work closely with sales, consulting, and engineering to construct product roadmaps and define detailed product specifications. To be successful you must be able to go broad and go deep’ - think strategically to define your vision, and then craft detailed designs and effectively communicate with your Engineering, QA, and UX peers.
What You'll Do
- Define and evolve the picture of success for Nitro Platform and all that it entails.
- Bring together the right data and technology to build delightful platform features that enable data scientists and analysts to do their work efficiently
- Own and advance the Nitro data pipeline framework in the areas of procedural data processing and machine learning.
- Work in a cross-functional and collaborative role spanning Product, Design, Development, QA, Marketing, Sales, and Support.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills – able to clearly and simply express complex ideas to business leaders, IT professionals, and engineering.
- Manage customer preview programs and engage in frequent conversations with customers to understand their needs, listen to their feedback, and determine the usability of the product which will influence the product roadmap and feature design.
- Be able to understand the breadth of the Veeva Nitro product line and how customers use it, as well as technical details especially in owned areas.
- Experience in designing big data pipelines and enrichment strategies
- Experience in platform design principles and columnar data technologies such as Apache Parquet, Arrow, Arrow Flight, Spark
- Experience in designing API-level integrations with external, third-party applications and services
- Embrace a fast-paced, dynamic environment that comes with being part of a new product team
- Be comfortable with technical topics in the data warehousing space and be able to do productive research in areas that are unfamiliar
- Keep user experience top of mind when designing features, while at the same time understand the technology stack so that features are aptly designed and well thought through.
- Drive execution with a cross-functional team, ensuring that everyone is working towards the same goals and impact.
- 4+ years of product management experience or relevant industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Nice to Have
- Experience with best of breed business intelligence tools
- Experience as a technical product manager or equivalent
- An eye for visual design and user experience design
- An understanding in the area of data management, Big Data analytics, data warehousing, and/or cloud technologies
- Prior work in software development, or computer science degree
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other jobs like this
Data Scientist - Nationwide Opportunities, AWS Professional ServicesAWS Big Data Computer Vision Consulting Data visualization Deep Learning Machine Learning ML ML models MXNet +13
Career development Conferences Startup environment
Manager, Machine Learning EngineeringDeep Learning Engineering Keras Machine Learning ML NLP Python PyTorch Research TensorFlow +1
401(k) matching Career development Equity Parental leave Wellness
Director, Data Engineering and ArchitectureBlockchain Business Intelligence Data pipelines Engineering ETL Excel Security UX
Career development Health care Startup environment Team events
Senior Project Manager, GCP Data EngineeringAgile Athena AWS BigQuery Business Intelligence Consulting Dataflow Elasticsearch Engineering ETL +8
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Health care Insurance +6
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
Find open roles in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computer Vision (CV), Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science in general, filtered by job title or popular skill, toolset and products used.
- Open Data Engineer II jobs
- Open Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Principal Data Scientist jobs
- Open Big Data Engineer jobs
- Open Junior Data Analyst jobs
- Open Computer Vision Engineer jobs
- Open Data Analytics Engineer jobs
- Open Research Scientist, Computer Vision jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Data Scientist II jobs
- Open Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Autonomous Vehicle System Test Specialist jobs
- Open Data Engineering Lead jobs
- Open Senior Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Analyst (Remote) jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Research Scientist, NLP jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Marketing Data Analyst jobs
- Open Junior Data Engineer jobs
- Open Associate Data Analyst- Customer Experience Group | Bangkok-based jobs
- Open Senior Data Engineer (Remote) jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open TensorFlow-related jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Excel-related jobs
- Open Business Intelligence-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Redshift-related jobs
- Open Streaming-related jobs
- Open Hadoop-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Git-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs