Senior Data Engineer
Singapore, Central, Singapore
Xendit provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia, with a focus on Indonesia and the Philippines. We process payments, power marketplaces, disburse payroll and loans, provide KYC solutions, prevent fraud, and help businesses grow exponentially. We serve our customers by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMEs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is building the most advanced payment rails for Southeast Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments across in SEA simple, secure and easy for everyone. We serve thousands of businesses ranging from SMEs to multinational enterprises, and process millions of transactions monthly. We’ve been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015, onboarding hundreds of new customers every month, and backed by global top-10 VCs. We’re proud to be featured on among the fastest growing companies by Y-Combinator.
We are scaling the data engineering team that works on providing internal teams with secure, reliable, performative, and user-friendly access to data to support analytics & reporting, fraud detection, billing generation, and other company critical processes.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who will be a key part of our team and will help bring structure to vast amounts of data, making it digestible and build scalable data platforms that enable data products, business analytics, and data science. This role requires technical expertise and willingness to learn a wide variety of technologies to develop real-time data pipelines, data product APIs, and modern & scalable data infrastructure. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced environment and like being challenged with fun data problems to solve, come join us.
- Simplify access to real-time data for internal stakeholders (Kafka).
- Design and implement our real-time data pipelines using Kafka.
- Improve and maintain the data lake setup (S3, EMR, Presto).
- Set up fully automated alerting systems to proactively monitor the infrastructure (Datadog, Pagerduty).
- Continuously improve the overall performance of analytical queries.
- Build scalable data infrastructure using Terraform.
- Build customer-facing data products with a focus on reliability and scalability.
- Ensure data quality through automated audits.
- Collaborate with analysts, engineers, and business users to design solutions.
- Research innovative technologies and make continuous improvements.
You may be a good fit if
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Python and SQL.
- Demonstrated ability to build high-volume data ingestion and streaming pipelines (e.g. Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Spark Streaming)
- Working experience with big data technologies (e.g. Spark, Presto, Hive).
- Experience designing, building, and scaling a production-ready event streaming system.
- Experience in optimizing SQL queries (e.g. data partitioning, bucketing, indexing)
- Experience in building data lake/warehouse solutions consisting of structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with IaC is a plus (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience.
- You have built data products that have scaled on AWS or another cloud.
- You thrive on nimble, lean, fast-paced startups, like autonomy, and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself.
- Coachable. Able to own mistakes, reflect, and take feedback with maturity and a willingness to improve.
- You communicate with clarity and precision and you are able to effectively present results.
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs