Senior Engineering Manager, Machine Learning Risk
Remote - USA
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
As an Engineering Manager for Machine Learning Risk you will be building the critical infrastructure to protect Crypto users from fraud and enable participation of everyone in the open financial system. You will be tapping into a variety of large data sources such as the blockchain to provide millions of people access to crypto while detecting and preventing bad actors.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Conceive and implement the roadmap of machine learned management of risk and fraud.
- Build and launch excellent productionalized, low-maintenance models.
- Build features and success metrics by disambiguating requirements.
- Leverage state of the art machine learning techniques for a variety of problems across the company including fraud, feed ranking, recommendations and targeting, blockchain mining.
- Setup A/B experiments and iterate until impact is landed.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 3+yrs of Management and hiring experience in the space of Machine Learning
- 4+ yrs of industry experience as a machine learning engineer
- Experience with at least one ML model: Logistic Regression, Gradient Boosting trees, Deep learning, etc.
- Experience with data analysis, feature exploration, ETL, and visualization.
- Experience in one or more of the following: data mining, information retrieval, advanced statistics or natural language processing, computer vision.
- Experience building backend systems at scale with a focus on data processing/machine learning/analytics.
- Exhibit our core cultural values: add positive energy, communicate clearly, be curious, and be a builder.
Nice to haves:
- BS, MS, PhD degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Statistics, or related technical field.
- Knowledge of Apache Airflow, Spark, Flink, Kafka/Kinesis, Snowflake.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with model interpretability, responsible AI.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Big Data jobs
- Open Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs