Listening to Albertans. Going deeper to understand who they are and where they’re going. Translating the complex world of banking and investing into brilliantly simple solutions. Through all this, we believe we can create happiness. This is the ATB way.
Job Number: REQ2685
Location: Anywhere in Alberta
Apply by: Thursday, October 21st, 2021
Paygrade: UR-Under Review
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Rhys Chouinard
The Data Scientist in ATB’s applied AI team is on a mission to take AI out of the lab and to help the organization realize the benefits of this technology by solving client issues today, through cloud-based applications of machine learning. These applications can be varied in nature, from fraud engines to recommender systems to info retrieval packages. In all cases, they leverage programmed predictive models and require the Data Scientist to work with a group of other data scientists and dev-ops specialists to build end-to-end stacks in a cloud environment. This role also has a common theme of delivery - not just thinking about an idea for AI-powered products and services, but actually bringing it to life in a way that impacts the lives of ATB’s clients. Though not responsible for an entire value stream - the Data Scientist owns large components of a portfolio of work, often leading projects from Proof of Concept to deployment. They also apply their machine learning domain expertise to help identify key opportunities to apply machine learning to solve banking problems, then work with a broader group to bring those opportunities to life to help deliver on ATB’s AI strategy.
- Supports the development of value-creating AI-powered applications by contributing to and delivering against pieces of a technical roadmap, specifically the cloud architecture components.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to remove barriers to delivery against the technical roadmap for cloud deployment of full-stack machine learning-based applications.
- Responsible for utilizing a variety of data science techniques - time series modelling, unsupervised learning, all classes of supervised learning (random forests, CNNs, SVMs), and classic regressions to make predictions on financial and customer datasets.
- Responsible for navigating the architectural implications of different design decisions to ensure that solutions create not only value, but are also accurate, safe (i.e., adhere to all of ATBs Governance policies), scalable and reliable.
- Comfortable managing and partnering across the entire analytics value chain, including:
- Technical (code, tools, data)
- People (understanding the needs and coordinating the contributions of multiple diverse roles that contribute to a project: end user, developer, operational support, business stakeholders, senior leadership)
- Processes (coordinating across processes at multiple levels: internal, Data/AI, TIE, ATB)
- Value tracking (measuring the ROI/business value of data science projects at ATB)
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or relevant field or other quantitative field and 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrable portfolio of successful experience with deploying cloud based solutions - whether applied in industry, academic or other settings
- Work cross-functionally with all lines of ATB business, supporting units and external vendors
- Work closely with a team of other data scientists and devops professionals to deliver on proofs-of-concept, and full-stack machine learning powered cloud applications.
- Solid understanding of software development/engineering principles, algorithms, and processes. Must be comfortable working within a linux environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence interacting with technical team members from diverse backgrounds, as well as senior leadership and executives.
- Strong analytical, research, and problem solving skills; detail oriented with strong process oriented analytical skills.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of mathematics and statistics. The key aspect to this knowledge is understanding when different techniques are (or aren’t) a valid approach.
- Knowledge of Containers and Container Orchestration systems, working with CICD pipelines and version control systems.
Highly proficient in a statistical programming language, like Python or R, and a database querying language like SQL.
At ATB, we know that highly talented people can readily transfer their skills. If you believe your skills and experience are transferable, please consider putting your name in the running.
Online applications are preferred.
Purpose. Growth. Advancement. Fun. Rewards… learn about our perks and benefits.
A little about ATB:
We are Alberta’s largest, home grown financial institution and for the last 80+ years, we’ve transformed people’s understanding of what banking can–and should–make possible. Today, 5,500+ ATB team members embrace a growth mindset in order to help bring ATB’s story to life, delivering happiness to our customers and team members alike. It’s why we’re also a highly sought after, award-winning employer. The best part is, we’re just getting started. Join us, and create happiness.
What happens next?
If you make the shortlist for this role, you will hear from us within 10 business days of the posting close date. We will also keep your application on file for future roles that you may wish to consider.
If your application is shortlisted, we might ask you to participate in a digital interview.
Stay in touch!
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs