Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
Why you’ll love SEDNA (p.s. We just raised round B)
SEDNA is smart team communication software that unifies all messages, data, and documentation to help you focus on the work that matters. By aligning teams through action-based communication, SEDNA drastically reduces email volume and creates more efficient, productive, and collaborative workflows across organizations.
With SEDNA, any team—no matter the size or location—can work as one to achieve empowered alignment and maximum productivity.
So what does that mean ? Story mode: Remember when the Ever Given got stuck in the Suez Canal? Imagine what it takes to move a ship like that, that has thousands of containers; There are hundreds of stakeholders around the cargo, and dozens more around the ship. The ship has an owner, it is often rented and operated by another company, it is crewed, fueled, cleaned and docked; cargo is loaded, unloaded, and needs to comply with country specific and cargo specific regulations. There may be taxes or tariffs and fees to be paid etc. etc. All of this and more is done through emails, thousands of them, per journey. (Hey, at least it isn’t fax and telex like it was in memory more recent than you’d imagine.) These thousands of emails are handled by a team of dozens of people, in a company of hundreds. Now, because most emails carry some information, request, or report in them, many emails might traditionally trigger a flurry of other emails (“Hey Jody, can you attach the filled customs forms”, “Hey Mike, did you see this?” , “Alex, is this the price we agreed upon” )
Sedna attacks all of these problems, emails no longer engender other emails, the internal “chat” can take care of that, it also allows everyone to keep track of who has the ball on any action item. Sedna also makes sure that the right people see the right emails, and minimizes the number of people who see an email (and therefore of emails seen by each person). Auxiliary data such as files relevant to the project can be attached with a single click, and integration with external systems allows for further automation and tie-ins.
We work hard and strive for results. We also value people’s lives outside of work. The people of SEDNA are world travellers, devoted parents, ultra marathon runners, knitting enthusiasts, animal lovers, ski adventurers, hip hop dancers, Canada Games athletes, emergency response volunteers, and so much more. We’re told that one of the best things about working at SEDNA is that everyone is empowered to solve large problems and that everyone’s opinion is valued.
What you will do
As a Data Scientist, you will be
- Responsible for using ML/AI to help Sedna and its clients extract intelligence from emails
- Building production ready components that will be used by the product / integrations.
- Leading the definition and development of “Intelligent” products
- Working as part of a cross functional team of developers, designers and Product Managers.
- Coding: Text processing ML in a production environment, (Python)
- NLP pipelines, with specific experience in NER & Text Classification.
- Experience fine-tuning models on domain specific corpora
- Experience productionalizing / deploying ML models
- Model Evaluation and Monitoring, (e.g. Alerting on model drift)
- Advanced knowledge in SQL, including optimization of queries and schemas.
- Experience leading Data Science / ML teams.
- Familiarity with Jupyter Notebooks like Jupyterhub/lab and Databricks.
- Experience deploying models on EC2 / Lambda
- Experience with NLP in non-English texts
- Experience with Python data visualization libraries like dash, plotly express.
What we offer in return:
- Share options - you’ll own part of the SEDNA journey.
- Collaborative and creative environment.
- Being part of the journey of a fast growing SaaS Company.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Flexible work environment.
- Maternity and Paternity benefits.
- We help you grow - both professionally and personally.
Unfortunately, we cannot sponsor visas for this role.
We attract global talent. Our development teams are based out of Canada and the UK. This opportunity is based out of London.
We accept who you are.
We celebrate our successes together.
We value your time and life outside of work.
We value diversity in every shape and form.
We operate globally, with offices in London, Vancouver, and Singapore.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs