Software Engineer, Big Data Matching
New York City, NY, United States
Software Engineer, Big Data Matching
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The Matching team owns the largest big data service at LiveRamp that processes petabytes of data per day. To operate and build applications at this scale pushes the limits of distributed computing and allows the team to work on a unique set of problems. The system has to be fault-tolerant, process data in near real-time and still be cost effective.
We are looking for engineers who share a passion for tackling complexity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
- Work collaboratively in a small specialized team of engineers to scale a system processing petabytes of data every day.
- Learn and grow under the mentorship of experts in big data.
- Learn industry best practices from our team processes and development practices.
- Contribute to the architectural design and implementation of our systems and interfaces.
- Develop our data processing pipelines using technology such as Spark, Dataproc, and Kubernetes.
- Improve on our research and experiment platform to optimize the performance and efficiency of our applications.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork.
- Provide operational support for our team’s production systems.
- Share the remarkable work of our Matching team with the world through tech talks, blog posts, whitepapers, and conference participation.
- Learn and grow in your role and career.
Your team will:
- Support and mentor you as you grow into your role as big data leader at the company.
- Spearhead and lead the next generation of big data platforms at LiveRamp.
- Improve and scale the matching big data application as load increases.
- Build tools and frameworks for big data platforms to be used internally and externally to LiveRamp and contribute to existing open source platforms.
- Support and guide other teams at LiveRamp as they build out their big data platforms.
- Experience writing and deploying high-quality code.
- Solid Java or Scala programming skills.
- Communication skills to share highly technical information with technical and non-technical teammates.
- Deeply inquisitive. Always asking why we do things and how we can do them better.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or related degrees.
- Strive for perfection but settle for excellence.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with Apache Spark, Dataproc, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with GCP or another cloud provider (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Academic or professional research experience
- Academic or professional experience processing big data.
- Worked with industry-standard open source and/or commercial tools and libraries for data processing.
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and a fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we help you set up your home office (Home-based LiveRampers)
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs