Staff Big Data Infrastructure Engineer
Remote - US
Staff Big Data Infrastructure Engineer
LiveRamp is looking for a Staff Big Data Infrastructure Engineer for our Big Data Engineering Team. This team is responsible for building, operating, and managing LiveRamp’s Big Data Infrastructure and related tools and applications. Our data infrastructure team operates one of the largest Hadoop deployments in the world, with 90,000 CPUs, 300TB of memory, and 30 PB of storage. Our projects range from working with leading edge cloud-native services to big data cloud infrastructure to reliability instrumentation and monitoring. This position will report to the Manager for the Big Data Team and partner closely with Enterprise Data Architect and other technical leads in engineering.
We’re looking for someone that has technical breadth and depth in cloud infrastructure, big data solutions. You will act as a thought leader, mentor and facilitator, while offering guidance to technical teams on AWS/GCP Cloud and Big Data Infrastructure tooling and best practices. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create industry best practices for deployment and management of custom built or off the shelf solutions in a public cloud environment.
- Lead and provide subject matter expertise for Big Data Tools, Technologies and Infrastructure like Airflow, Dataproc/EMR, Kafka, Cassandra, Presto, CDAP etc.
- Lead and provide subject matter expertise for AWS/GCP cloud end-to-end architecture
- Architecting and Implementing solutions to improve deployment process and CI-CD capabilities
- Promote infrastructure-as-code philosophy, leveraging tools like Terraform, Cloudformation, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Lead the cloud improvements for availability, performance, observability, scalability, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Lead and own creation of cloud focused best practices, building blocks and patterns to insure deployed solutions are scalable, immutable and resilient
- Lead and collaborate with technical, application and security leads to deliver a reliable and secure platform in AWS/GCP Cloud
- Ensure cloud solutions are implemented and delivered with best practices, standards, appropriate controls and thorough documentation
- Provide technical governance for infrastructure design, deployment, and operations
- Support a global engineering organization based in Boston, California, New York, Paris, London and Nantong, China
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- 10+ years of experience in the fields of DevOps or production engineering
- Experience in managing Kafka, Presto and/or Cassandra
- Experience architecting complex cloud environments that leverage best practices
- Experience with deployment and monitoring of highly scalable products
- Experience with continuous integration and automation servers like Jenkins, CircleCI
- Experience with container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes, Amazon EKS, GKE
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code in the cloud tooling like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with one or more object-oriented programming skills, i.e. Java, Python, Go or scripting (Groovy, Shell)
- Experience with SRE best practices, working knowledge of observability principles is a big plus
- Ability to lead and mentor other engineers in the team for SRE best practices
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Experience with securing systems in a public cloud environment
- Experience in driving scaled initiatives and engaging other engineers/teams as stakeholders
- Enjoy working as part of a distributed team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and productive
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future. Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Data Science Manager jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager jobs
- Open Senior Machine Learning Scientist jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Big Data jobs
- Open Data Architect jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality jobs
- Open Data Analyst II jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst jobs
- Open Head of Data Science jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Data Science Intern jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs