Data Analytics SME
Novetta is seeking a skilled Data Scientist SME to support a fast paced, innovative project supporting a c major federal client in the field of data science and AI/Machine Learning to support cyber threat analysis. This is a hybrid role which requires 3 days a week in the office at Rosslyn Metro in Arlington, VA with 1-2 days of remote work per week.
- At least 5 years of experience in a role as a data scientist or analyst, ideally in an IT/analyst role; preferably in a cyber-security setting; 8 years of total work experience required
- Experience performing quantitative and analytic abilities to analyze and validate data
- 10+ (Expert) years of related experience
- Thorough (Senior)/Working (Expert) knowledge of individual, organizational, technological, or transactional issues of national security concern.
- Prior experience and methodological experience in some of the following areas:
- Relationships and discovery (correlating, enriching and prioritizing data about activity among actors, devices or facilities to enable the discovery of structure, roles, key relationships and targets)
- Situational awareness (unifying data into a single context, allowing the current situation to be accurately and quickly understood)
- Systems modeling (building a computational analog of a real-world system – political, military, economic, social or technical – to understand how it operates, what it is capable of, and how it may react to shocks)
- Business analytics (supporting data-driven decisions about how we can improve business of intelligence)
- Experience working with appropriate analytic methods and methodological tools in two or more of the following areas:
- Applied mathematics (e.g. probability and statistics, multivariable calculus, linear algebra, ordinary and partial differential equations, stochastic processes, graph theory)
- Computer programming (e.g. scripting, data parsing/ETL, artificial intelligence, machine learning, math/statistics packages, natural language processing, software versioning, distributed computing)
- Visualization (e.g. dashboard creation, network analysis, GIS/geospatial analysis, telemetry analysis
- Working knowledge of Python and some of the one or more of the following software/tools: SQL, R, Hadoop, Spark, Java, C/C++, Git, Bash, Tableau, ArcGIS, Unix commands
- Working knowledge of research designs, collection methods, capabilities, and tasking process
- Familiarity with project management concepts and principles
- Intellectual curiosity; creativity and innovation to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to complex problems
- Ability to leverage multiple data management tools to organize relevant information and make decisions
- Top Secret clearance is desired, but not required
- Experience with 1 or more of the following: Powershell, Splunk, EnCase, IBM SPSS platform using the Modeler moduleis a plus
- Knowledge of cyber threat indicators
- One or more certifications are preferred but not required:
- CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, Oracle SQL, CISSP, CEH, GCFE or similar
- Interim Secret to Start, Ability to get TS/SCI required to start
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs