Remote (Within U.S.)
We're Karat, the leader in technical interviewing
Karat’s purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world’s technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!
Come join our Data Science team
Our Data Science team is committed to partnering in exploratory data analysis, conducting experimentation, and building and automating data-driven product features. We conduct research and development needed to make technical interviews more predictive. Working on the Data Science team, you will shape the future for the intelligence and efficiency of our product.
What you will do
As a Data Scientist at Karat, you will collaborate with Data Analysts, Data Engineers, and Software Engineers to design, implement, and scale our data processing and modeling platforms. You will be responsible for determining the feasibility of producing predictive models from available data to meet specified product requirements.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Identify experimentation, automation and efficiency needs for Karat's business and product teams, understanding their goals and metrics in order to conduct research to identify potential solutions.
- Design, build, and deploy efficient and reliable cloud-based data modeling pipelines to deliver automation and predictive modeling services.
- Help refine our interview data processes to increase the signal captured in every minute of our interviews and maximize the value provided to our customers.
- Investigate new data sources and methods for combining multiple data sources to support new types of data analysis, modeling and new product features
- Identify methods for automating existing manual business processes
- Help manage and advance our experimentation platform to support testing new features and making intelligent product development decisions
- Protect Karat's data processes against quality issues. Design and develop data modeling performance monitoring.
- Support our engineering teams by reviewing code and designs as-needed
- Nurture data conversations within Karat by educating teammates about data science and machine learning.
The experience you will bring
- 3+ years of tech industry experience in data science, machine learning, software engineering, or other related roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering, a natural science or equivalent quantitative subject (or equivalent experience) preferred
- Proven experience applying machine learning to solve business prediction and automation challenges
- Strong data analysis and scientific thinking skills
- Experience with Python and related data science and machine learning libraries a plus
- Significant experience with relational databases with a strong knowledge of SQL and data modeling best principles
- Experience with data visualization and presentation, data analytics and BI tools, and cloud services
- Experience with — and a knack for — communicating technical work to partners
- Professional familiarity with marketplaces solving problems at the intersection of supply and demand a plus
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at email@example.com.
Explore more AI/ML/Data Science career opportunities
- Open Junior Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Machine Learning Scientist Jobs
- Open Sr. Machine Learning Engineer Jobs
- Open Data Architect Jobs
- Open Data Analytics Manager Jobs
- Open Data Scientist, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - Toronto Hub Jobs
- Open Data Science Manager Jobs
- Open Manager, Data Engineering Jobs
- Open Head of Data Science Jobs
- Open Applied Data Scientist - B2B Sales Incrementality Jobs
- Open Data Analyst Intern Jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Data Science Intern Jobs
- Open Data Analyst II Jobs
- Open Lead Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Scientist (Remote) Jobs
- Open Senior Data Analyst (Bangkok Based, relocation provided) Jobs
- Open Data Engineer: Data Integration Jobs
- Open Business Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Data Engineer - New York Hub Jobs
- Open Financial Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Machine Learning Jobs
- Open Sr. Data Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Data Scientist Jobs
- Open Looker-related jobs
- Open Economics-related jobs
- Open Airflow-related jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open PyTorch-related jobs
- Open Snowflake-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Healthcare-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open NLP-related jobs
- Open Data Mining-related jobs
- Open Data Warehousing-related jobs
- Open Pandas-related jobs
- Open BigQuery-related jobs
- Open Distributed Systems-related jobs
- Open Azure-related jobs
- Open Computer Vision-related jobs
- Open Consulting-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Linux-related jobs
- Open Scikit-Learn-related jobs
- Open Classification-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs
- Open A/B testing-related jobs
- Open MySQL-related jobs